The Muskingum men's basketball team was defeated, 88-75, on Wednesday night at Wilmington.
- Records: Muskingum (8-12 overall, 6-7 Ohio Athletic Conference), Wilmington (9-10 overall, 5-8 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio – Hermann Court
Inside the Numbers
- Marcus Dempsey poured out 26 points, five rebounds, two assists and one steal.
- Devon Peart collected 18 points, seven rebounds, and two assists.
- Rashay Douglas and Brandon Keyes each tallied eight points, while Douglas grabbed six rebounds.
- Muskingum made .450 (27-of-60) from the field, made three three-pointers, and went 18-for-26 at the free throw line (.692).
- Four Wilmington players scored in double-digits.
- Christian Jones and Will Patrick each led the Quakers offense with 21 points.
- Andrew Russell and Kevin Lewis contributed 14 points each.
- Wilmington concluded the contest shooting .456 (31-of-68) from the field, made 14 three-pointers, went 12-for-14 (.857) from the free throw line, and held the 37-36 edge in rebounds.
Wilmington drained back-to-back trey's to start the contest with a 6-0 lead with 17:59 on the clock. Over the next several minutes, there would be multiple ties and lead changes between the two squads, but the momentum started shifting in Wilmington's favor towards the end of the stanza. Wilmington produced a 17-7 run in the final six minutes to hold a 43-34 advantage at intermission. Despite being down at the half, Muskingum shot .467 from the field in the first half.
In the first seven minutes of the second half, the Quakers outscored the Muskies 16-6, which included four made three-pointers, to increase their lead by 19 points, 59-40. From the 11:45 marker until 6:48 remaining, the Muskies plowed their way back into the game after going on a 15-6 run to get within 10 points, 65-55. However, from that point on, Wilmington maintained control the rest of the game to seal the victory.
- Muskingum will take on Ohio Northern in the Anne C. Steele Center on Saturday, February 3. Game time is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.