The Muskingum men's basketball team snapped Kenyon's three game winning streak to pick up their first win of the season, 79-77, in Gambier, Ohio on Wednesday night.
- Records: Muskingum (1-3 overall), Kenyon (3-1 overall)
- Location: Gambier, Ohio – Tomsich Arena
Inside the Numbers
- Jarrell Marsh collected his third straight double-double of the season as he finished with 29 points, hitting 11-of-18 from the field, snagged 11 rebounds, and added three assists.
- Marcus Dempsey poured out 18 points, five rebounds, and three assists.
- Mitch Clark notched 15 points, five rebounds, and three steals.
- Jalen Paige chipped in seven rebounds and three assists.
- As a team, the Muskies went 30-for-62 (48.4%) from the field and 7-for-22 from the arc (31.8%).
- Four Kenyon players knotted double-digit scoring.
- Ben Stern led the Lords offense with 27 points, while Ryan O'Neil tallied 13 points, Alex Laub added 11, and Carter Powell had 10 points.
- Kenyon made 48.3% of their shots (28-for-58), went 8-for-24 from the arc (33.3%), and ended the contest going 13-for-18 from the free-throw line (72.2%).
The Lords jumped to a 10-2 run to start the first half, but a jumper by Cameron Miller broke the hosts run and sparked a 8-0 run to tie the contest at 10-10 with 13:36 left in the frame. The Muskies took their first lead of the half at the 7:47 mark when Jalen Paige knocked down a three-pointer. A minute later, Kenyon regained the lead and went on to hold the 37-32 advantage at intermission.
In the second half, Kenyon led by as-much-as 11 points with 10:42 remaining. The Muskies spurted a 15-to-4 run over the course of the next four minutes to get within one, 67-66. A minute later, Clark drilled a three-pointer to put the Muskies on top, 72-71. With 1:06 left, Kenyon's Ben Stern made a pair of free throws and a jumper to put the Lords ahead, 75-74, forcing the Muskies to call a timeout. After the timeout, Dempsey came out and hit a clutch jumper, to put the Muskies back in the lead. A made free throw by Paige and two by Dempsey helped the Muskies record their first victory of the season, 79-77.
- Muskingum will continue playing on the road as they travel to John Carroll on Saturday. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. and will mark the Ohio Athletic Conference opener for both teams.