The Muskingum men's basketball team will play one more non-conference contest on Wednesday at Kenyon before starting Ohio Athletic Conference play at John Carroll on Saturday. The games are set to start at 6:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., respectively.
Game 1: Muskingum at Kenyon – 6:00 p.m. (Live Stats and Video: athletics.kenyon.edu).
Game 2: Muskingum at John Carroll – 1:00 p.m. (Live Stats and Video: jcusports.com).
Records: Muskingum 0-3, Kenyon 3-0, John Carroll 4-0
- Muskingum dropped its home opener to Washington & Jefferson, 88-81, on Saturday afternoon. Marcus Dempsey led all scorers with 31 points, while Jarrell Marsh collected his second double-double of the season, finishing with 20 points and a game-best 10 rebounds.
- Dempsey leads the team in points per game and assists per game, averaging 29.7 (89 total points) and 3.3, respectively. He is making 54.7% of his shots from the field and 40.7% from the arc.
- Marsh is first on the team in rebounds, averaging eight per game (24 total) and steals per game with 3.3. He is second on the team in points per game, averaging 22 (66 total points).
- Jacob Geller is shooting 44.4% from the field, 30% from the arc, and is averaging 7.7 points per game.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are making 43.3% of their shots from the field, 32.4% from the arc, and 70% from the free throw line.
- Last season, the Muskies beat Kenyon, 85-60, at home. Jalen Paige knotted 14 points, five rebounds, while Marsh tallied 13 points, five rebounds.
- Muskingum went 2-1 against John Carroll last season. MU defeated John Carroll at home, 99-95, and lost 84-69 at John Carroll. The biggest victory against JC came during the OAC Tournament, upsetting the #2 seed, 69-68. Dempsey poured out 14 points, six rebounds and five assists, while Marsh chipped in 12 points, five rebounds.
- On Saturday, November 18, the Lords beat Trine on the road, 68-55. This marked the third win in a row and the best start in 22 years for Kenyon.
- Kenyon is 2-0, this season, when playing at home.
- Five players are averaging 10 plus points per game.
- Ben Stern and Phillip Crampton led Kenyon in points per game, averaging 12. Stern is making 44.8% of his shots from the field, while Crampton is making 48.4%.
- Ryan O'Neil is dishing out three assists per game to lead the team.
- Alex Laub is grabbing 7.7 rebounds per game, which is the highest on the team.
- The team is hitting 47% of their shots from the field, 32% from the arc and 66.7% from the free throw line. In addition, the team is averaging 43.3 rebounds per game and 15 assists per game.
- John Carroll is coming off a 103-65 win at Kalamazoo on Sunday to stretch their winning streak to four in a row. Saturday's game will mark their first home contest of the season.
- John Carroll received votes in the latest D3hoops.com Top 25 Poll.
- The Blue Streaks are scoring 113.5 points per game.
- Five players are currently averaging 13 plus points per game; Matthew Csuhran (19.5), Jackson Sartain (16.3), Ryan Berger (14.8), John Cirillo (13.5), and Antonio Vuyancih (13.3).
- Csuhran is leading the team with 19.5 points per game on 48.9% shooting.
- Brian Papich and Cirillo lead the squad in rebounding, averaging five per game.
- Sean Flannery is first on the team in assist-to-turnover ratio (26.0).
- Berger has produced 15 steals, which is the most on the team.
- The Blue Streaks are making 45.9% of their shots from the field, 39.6% from the arc, and 77.7% from the free throw line. Furthermore, the squad is averaging 16 steals per game and 45.5 rebounds per game.