Feb 15, 2017
The Muskies stumbled in Ohio Athletic Conference action Wednesday evening at #9 Marietta, 94-76.
- Records: Muskingum (13-11 overall, 7-10 OAC), Marietta (20-4 overall, 15-2 OAC)
- Location: Marietta, Ohio - Ban Johnson Arena
- Freshman Marcus Dempsey connected on back-to-back shots to give Muskingum the early 5-2 advantage.
- The Pioneers rallied back using a 6-0 run with 11:22 to play to claim its largest lead of the half, 21-15.
- Muskingum continued to battle as sophomore Jalen Paige connected from behind the arc in the final minute to cut the deficit to 40-39 at the break.
- Marietta opened the second half with a 14-6 run to extend its lead to 54-45.
- The Pioneers never looked back, shooting 20-for-32 (.625) from the field, including five three-pointers en route to the win.
- Muskingum was led by senior Joshua Keyes with a team-high 19 points and eight rebounds.
- Dempsey finished with 18 points, while senior Rickey Wilson netted 16 points for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Jarrell Marsh added seven points and grabbed a team-high nine rebounds.
- As a team, Muskingum shot 26-for-57 (.456) from the floor and 18-of-19 (.947) from the free throw line.
- Marietta finished with six players in double-figures.
- Dillon Young led all scorers with 22 points, while A.J. Edwards chipped in 15 points and grabbed a team-high six rebounds for the Pioneers.
- Marietta ended the outing shooting 36-for-66 (.545) from the field.
- Muskingum concludes the regular season Saturday, February 18 at Heidelberg. Tip-off is set for 2:00 p.m.