Muskingum sophomore quarterback Brody Hahn registered a five-touchdown performance to lead the Muskies to a dominating 41-14 win at Heidelberg on a wet Saturday afternoon. The Muskies now stand at 4-4 overall this late in the season for the first time since the 2011 campaign.
- Records: Muskingum (4-4 overall, 3-4 OAC), Heidelberg (4-4 overall, 3-4 OAC)
- Location: Tiffin, Ohio - Hoernemann Stadium
- Attendance: 2,606
- Weather: Light rain and 50 degrees
- Muskingum scored the final 27 points of the contest after the game was tied 14-14 in the second quarter.
- Muskingum racked up 427 yards of offense and 23 first downs.
- The Muskies controlled the ball with a 39:37-20:23 time of possession advantage.
- Muskingum was 8-of-15 (53%) on third-down conversions and 1-for-1 on fourth-down conversions.
- Muskingum's defense held Heidelberg to 288 yards of offense and 4-of-13 (31%) on third-down conversions.
Inside The Numbers
- Hahn went 5-of-11 passing for 114 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed for 121 yards and four scores on 22 totes. Hahn averaged 5.5 yards per run.
- Sophomore running back Cameron Near rushed for 83 yards on 20 carries.
- Freshman wideout Amin Shaheed had two receptions for 94 yards and one touchdown. He hauled in a 69-yard score from Hahn in the first quarter to give the Muskies a 14-7 lead. Sophomore receiver Terry Geiger had four grabs for 52 yards.
- Freshman kicker Gavin Costello was a perfect 2-for-2 in field goals (36 yards, 33 yards) and a perfect 5-for-5 in extra points. He also had eight kickoffs for 442 yards (55.3 YPK).
- Senior linebacker Brandon Schon led the defensive effort with eight stops.
- Sophomore linebacker Ethan Hall and junior defensive back Jayvon Brown each made seven tackles.
- Junior linebacker Caleb Gaiters and sophomore defensive back Brian Brown each had interceptions. Gaiters returned his pick 75 yards to set up Muskingum's final touchdown in the fourth quarter.
- Trace Reynolds led the Heidelberg offense throwing for 175 yards on 15-of-31 passing with two interceptions. He also rushed for 61 yards.
- Jace Grossman aided the Heidelberg ground game with 44 yards on nine totes with two scores.
- Maceo Matthews had five receptions for 81 yards.
- Zachary Blackiston paced the Heidelberg defensive effort with 12 tackles.
- Muskingum next hosts top-ranked Mount Union on Saturday, November 3. Game time is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. in McConagha Stadium and will feature Live Video, Live Stats and Live Audio on fightingmuskies.com.