The 15th-ranked John Carroll football team used a strong rushing attack and a stout defensive effort to hand Muskingum a 44-7 setback on Saturday afternoon in McConagha Stadium.
- Records: Muskingum (2-3 overall, 1-2 OAC), John Carrol (3-1 overall, 2-1 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Game Duration: 2:35
- Attendance: 1,100
Inside The Numbers
- John Carroll outgained Muskingum 413 yards to 224 yards. The Blue Streaks ran 51 times for 254 yards and four touchdowns and averaged five yards per rush.
- John Carroll accounted for 25 first downs, while the Muskies recorded 15.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 32:33-27:27 edge in time of possession.
- The Muskies had three turnovers (two interceptions and one fumble) and the Blue Streaks had one fumble. John Carroll converted two Muskingum miscues into 14 points.
How It Happened
- John Carroll grabbed a 6-0 lead in the first quarter on Sam Kukura's one-yard touchdown run. The PAT was missed.
- The Blue Streaks used a 24-point surge in the second quarter to take control of the outing. John Carroll led 30-0 at the break.
- John Carroll added two touchdowns in the third quarter to extend its lead to 44-0.
- Muskingum scored in the waning seconds of the game on a 26-yard touchdown pass from freshman quarterback Jordan Garrett to senior tight end Granger Long. The score capped off a four-play, 48-yard drive.
- Sophomore quarterback Brody Hahn went 14-of-24 passing for 108 yards with two interceptions.
- Senior running back Warren Wilson rushed for 32 yards on 15 totes. He also hauled in four receptions for 29 yards.
- Long led the receivers with five grabs for 60 yards and one score.
- Senior linebacker Brandon Schon led the defensive effort with 12 stops and one forced fumble.
- Sophomore defensive back Nehemiah Bowie added 10 hits, and junior linebacker Caleb Gaiters had seven tackles with two pass breakups and one fumble recovery.
- Anthony Moeglin led the Blue Streak offense throwing for 159 yards and two touchdowns on 13-of-18 passing.
- Devin Limerick rushed for 81 yards, while Kukura added 81 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
- Danny Disbrow and Darrin Davis each had a touchdown reception.
- Jimmy Thomas led the Blue Streak defense with eight tackles and 1.5 sacks for 11 yards.
- Muskingum next travels to Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, October 13. Game time is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.