The Muskingum football team was shutout at John Carroll on a wet and cold Saturday afternoon, 24-0.
- Records: Muskingum (1-7 overall, 0-7 OAC), John Carroll (5-3 overall, 5-2 OAC)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio - Don Shula Stadium
- Weather: 40 degrees, rain and cold
- Attendance: 1,885
How It Happened
John Carroll grinded out 285 yards of offense and forced three Muskingum turnovers en route to securing the 24-0 home win. The Blue Streaks led 10-0 after the first quarter and took a 17-0 lead into the break. A late fourth-quarter touchdown completed the John Carroll scoring. Muskingum was held to 189 yards of offense and controlled the ball for 27:30 of the contest.
Inside The Numbers
- Muskingum freshman quarterback Brody Hahn went 20-of-36 for 179 yards, with three interceptions.
- Junior Muskie running back Anthony Cole-Young led the ground attack with 32 yards on nine carries.
- Muskie senior wide receiver Damon Jones led the receivers with four grabs for 72 yards, while junior wide out Darius Hayes-Carruth had seven grabs for 39 yards.
- Sophomore defensive lineman Tim Ousley and freshman linebacker Drew Lowery led the Muskie defense with 10 stops each. Ousley had three sacks for 22 yards and Lowey recovered one fumble.
- Sophomore defensive back Trocon Keneah had nine tackles and one quarterback hurry.
- Ro Golphin led John Carroll with 114 yards rushing with two touchdowns. Arin Pruitt also added a 12-yard touchdown run.
- Anthony Moeglin went 9-of-16 for 121 yards. Brian Kornowski hauled in five receptions for 77 yards.
- Todd Green paced the Blue Streak defense with eight tackles and Chad Stalnaker had seven stops.
- Muskingum next travels to second-ranked Mount Union on Saturday, November 4. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.