The Muskingum baseball team fell at non-conference opponent Washington & Jefferson on Wednesday evening, 14-6.
- Records: Muskingum (11-13 overall), Washington & Jefferson (15-9 overall)
- Location: Washington, Pennsylvania – Ross Memorial Park
Inside the Numbers:
- Muskingum scored six runs on seven hits.
- Senior Eddie Harper led the squad by going 3-for-3 at the plate with three runs scored.
- Junior Marc Ibarra tallied a team-high three RBIs.
- Junior Ben Van Wey scored two runs.
- Freshman Caden Mumaw added an RBI and a hit.
- Freshman Matt Stewart had an RBI, a hit, and run scored.
- Freshman pitcher Ryan Hernandez took the loss after allowing eight runs on nine hits in 2.0 innings of work.
- Washington & Jefferson scored 14 runs on 15 hits.
- Ryan Sciullo who went 3-for-4 at the plate, which included a double, a run scored and an RBI led the Presidents.
- Ben Marsico claimed the win from the mound, allowing four runs on four hits and registered three strikeouts in 6.0 innings of work for Washington & Jefferson.
Muskingum grabbed the early 2-0 lead in the top of the first after an RBI single by Ibarra and a run scored by Harper. The lead did not last long as Washington & Jefferson pounded out five runs in the bottom of the first and three in the bottom of the third to hold an 8-2 advantage. The Muskies inched closer in the third inning on a sacrifice fly by Ibarra that scored Van Wey. However, the Presidents extended their lead to 11-3 with two runs in the bottom of the third and one in the fourth. In the top of the sixth, Mumaw doubled down the left field line to bring in Harper, and Stewart hit a solo home run in the top of the seventh to notch the fourth and fifth runs for Muskingum. The Presidents gained their final three runs of the game at the bottom of the seventh, while the Muskies concluded their scoring in the top of the eighth off an RBI single by Ibarra.
- Muskingum will continue non-conference play on the road as they take on Denison Thursday, April 12 at 6:00 p.m.